Thu 2 Jun 2011
The Top Investing Quotes
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” - Benjamin Franklin. Educate yourself.
- “Bottoms in the investment world don’t end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.” - Jim Rogers.
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffett.
- “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” - Phillip Fisher.
- “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” - Robert Arnott.
- “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” - Robert G. Allen.
- “Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.” - Paul Clitheroe.
- “Every once in a while, the market does something so stupid it takes your breath away.” - Jim Cramer.
- “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” - Ben Graham.
- “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” - Robert Kiyosaki.
- “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” - Peter Lynch.
- “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” - Paul Samuelson.
- “I would not pre-pay. I would invest instead and let the investments cover it.” - Dave Ramsey.
- “The four most dangerous words in investing are: ‘this time it’s different.’” - Sir John Templeton.
- “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.” - Warren Buffett.
- “You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don’t understand that’s going to happen, then you’re not ready, you won’t do well in the markets.” - Peter Lynch.